The Schuylkill Haven Fire Department reminds everyone to change the batteries in your smoke alarms, practice safe escape routes with your family, and if you need any warning stickers (such as: children, pets, or invalid) please stop by one of the three fire companies in the borough and we will take care of you!
Do you have a safe house for you and your family? On this page and the other pages at the bottom will help you have a safe house. Every year nearly 4,000 Americans die in home fires and more than 25,000 are injured.
- Keep matches, lighters and candles out of reach and out of sight of children!
- Smoking is dangerous! No one should ever smoke in bed. Make sure that cigarettes/cigars are extinguished properly before dumping ashes.
- Avoid grease build-up in the kitchen and on appliances. Cooking fires are common. Don’t leave food cooking on stove tops unattended.
- If a fire should occur, suffocate it with a pot/pan lid or a cookie sheet, or close the oven door.
- Dispose of materials from fireplaces and grills in non-flammable containers. Read More…