November 26, 2009- Soon after the Liberty Fire Company returned to station, and in the process of putting the trucks back together, an emergency call was placed into the station by a resident at 226 North Berne Street, Schuylkill Haven, about smoke detectors being activated and a smoke condition within the first floor of a house at 230 North Berne Street. Engine 737 hit the street and notified duty Chief 723 (Donatti) about the problem. Chief 723 and Engine 737 arrived on scene to find what appeared to be an unoccupied house. The crew gained entry via the backdoor, and found an unattended candle burned out on the first floor and the smoke alarm activated. The homeowner was home at the time and had lit the candle and fell asleep. The chief and the engine remained on scene for about 20 minutes.