December 24, 2014 – On Christmas Eve just before midnight Stations 1 & 4 along with fire district 41 (Cressona) were dispatched to 112 Pottsville Street, Cressona Borough for a house fire. As Chief 722 and Chief 41 became en-route, SCCC advised of black smoke coming from the chimney.
Chief 41 arrived on scene and found a blocked chimney and a malfunctioning oil burner. Ladder 725 was placed in service and crews used a chimney thumper to clear debris from inside the chimney. Fire personnel from Cressona handled the malfunctioning oil burner in the basement and used a water can to cool the embers and debris.
It was later determined that Santa had caused the blockage.
Chief 722 was in command of the Haven units.